Tuesday 11 October 2011

Deck the cupboards

It has begun. Even before Hallowe'en has been and gone, all the Christmas bounty showed up in the shops. Well, if the supermarkets insist on subjecting us to all that already I might as well use it to my own advantage. The motto is: little and often, meaning - add one or two things to the weekly shop and the cupboards should be full until Christmas. It spreads the cost nicely and I pick those things that are essential for the festive season in our house and tick them off the list.
Alternatively (or as well as) I could pop just £ 1.- into a jar every week during the year and use the contents in December, either to buy all those goodies or for last minute presents. Planning ahead is essential for me as both my children and my husband also have their birthdays in the space of a month around Christmas . I have my list ready and waiting and buy presents as I see them (preferrably reduced as I don't like to pay full price for anything really...)    


(The latest vistaprint code is "/tbp25" after the webaddress. It's for a photo calendar for 99p, plus VAT and p&p.)

No comments: