Sunday 25 September 2011

Luxe

I must confess that I have a particular liking for handdyed Japanese Eisaku Noro wool and silk. Unfortunately it is quite expensive, being what it is. So, usually I only get about 200g of each colour combination and turn them into a scarf. The advantage of that is the amount of time it takes to finish which is: hardly any! If I could ever bring myself to give them away I could also match the colours to the person lucky enough to receive such a treasure. (My daughter owns one in her favourite shades of lilac and purple, I am not completely heartless.)
The pattern is easy enough, it is either 1knit1purl and 1purl1knit on the back row, or 1knit1purl and on the back row the same, 1knit1purl.
Bounty


Middle pattern: 1k1p - 1p1k. On both sides: 1k1p - 1k1p.

Yes, I do like shades of blue
( Eisaku Noro wool&silk is available in the haberdashery department of John Lewis and from other mail order wool suppliers.)

No comments: